Post The Spot
Welcome To Post The Spot,

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and not our other features. By joining our Post The Spot community, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple, and absolutely free, so please, join our Post The Spot community today! Register Now!!

Post The Spot
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CURBSIDE RECYCLING

Go down

CURBSIDE RECYCLING Empty CURBSIDE RECYCLING

Post by Admin Mon Nov 09, 2020 4:16 pm

CURBSIDE RECYCLING

We are placing items in our recycling bins that aren't acceptable. I realized as I did my research for this article that I was placing non acceptable things like batteries, disposable plates made of foam, one time use plastic utensils and take out containers into my bin. 

Some items that are acceptable that surprised me are things like aluminum foil, saran wrap and metal lids to name a few.

This post doesn't cover the whole list of things but hopefully it jump starts you to look into how you are recycling and if you are doing it the RIGHT way.

The regulations change state by state, please take a minute to visit your towns website and see what is acceptable. 

The most work you will come across with recycling is washing and drying the items, cutting the card board down to an acceptable size and taking it out to the bin. This will seem like a lot of work at first but it will become part of your daily routine before you know it. As you collect the items to recycle hopefully you will notice how much you are NOT sending to the landfill. 

We can recycle almost anything if we look into how to recycle it. There are many items that can't be recycled through our recycling bins at curb side but can be recycled somewhere else. 
TERRACYCLE is a leader in recycling items that can't be recycled curbside. If you would like to know about TERRACYCLE please visit the link below.

TERRACYCLE LINK HERE

I also signed up for TERRACYCLES razor recycling program where they accept any brand of razors and their packaging. They make park benches and picnic tables out of the plastic from razors.

We have to show our children by example and they will soon understand the benefits. It is never too early  to teach a child to recycle. The landfills are getting bigger and will eventually overwhelm the Earth. We will not change this immediately but as we practice recycling the RIGHT way we will show by example and our children will see the benefits in recycling. 

PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO HELP EARTH BY REDUCING THE AMOUNT OF WASTE COLLECING AT THE LANDFILLS.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://postthespot.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down